[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal-3.2.10 wont start

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Feb 18 20:44:55 CET 2014

Thus spake BSkene:

> Ok, I usually start it from the desktop icon--IIRC whenever I tried to
> start it form the apps page (or whatever microsoft calls it) it wouldn't
> start at all.

Hold on to that second problem. I'd like to investigate that once we
solve the present one.

> Here is a screenshot of the processes tab relevant to Java (the whole
> thing is much larger than a single screen I looked over the whole list
> and I did did not see a line for java.exe):

There appears to be a context menu available from the column headers in
the Processes tab which lets you determine which columns are displayed.
Please turn on "PID", "Command line", and "Process name" and tell me what
those columns say for the "Java(TM) Platform SE binary" entry between
a successful and a failed run of VASSAL.