[messages] Edit: [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: Vassal-3.2.10 wont start

Rindis rindis at backbreaker.com
Fri Feb 21 17:18:00 CET 2014

[This message has been edited.]

"JoelCFC25" wrote:

> "Hamster" wrote:
> > "2014-02-19 19:32:50,799 [0-main] INFO VASSAL.launch.StartUp -
> > VASSAL version 3.2.8"
> >
> > Why would the error log of Vassal 3.2.11 show a line where the
> > version is 3.2.8?
>

> James, you might be running into the same thing another user hit just
> recently. Check the properties of the shortcut you're using to launch
> VASSAL and find its target--it seems to be pointing to an older
> version you still have (partially?) installed. VASSAL 3.2.8 and
> earlier all installed by default to __C:\Program Files (x86)__ (i.e.,
> where 32 bit programs go).
>
> For VASSAL 3.2.9 and newer, the install location became __C:\Program
> Files__ (i.e., where 64 bit programs go). Try finding the VASSAL
> folder in there and running the executable, and/or update your
> existing shortcut to point to this one, which should be 3.2.11 like
> you expect.

Ah, ha. Yep, that was the problem. I'll note that the entry in the App
menu (which is the Win 8 Start Menu with a different layout) has the
problem.

I'll also note that my main desktop machine (Win 7) has not had this
problem, but all the file extension associations went away when I
upgraded to 3.2.11 (was fine with 3.2.10).