[messages] Edit: [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: Vassal-3.2.10 wont start

Rindis rindis at backbreaker.com
Sun Feb 23 21:09:36 CET 2014

[This message has been edited.]

"uckelman" wrote:
> Thus spake Rindis:
> >
> > "uckelman" wrote:
> > > Thus spake Rindis:

> the
> > > App
> the
> > >
> > > I don't follow---has *what* problem? Are you saying that the entry
> in
> > > the App menu has a bad path? If so, what is the bad path?
> >
> > The install of 3.2.11 left the shortcut for Vassal pointed at the
> old
> > (Progam Files (x86)) path instead of updating to the 64-bit Program
> > Files path.
>
> Did you check the box telling the installer to create a desktop
> shortcut
> for this install?

No. I never use desktop shortcuts, and always use the Start Menu (or
Start screen, in the case of Win 8, here). I don't know if a desktop
shortcut would have been replaced/updated, but the Start/App Menu one
was not.

"uckelman" wrote:
> this
> > >
> > > Can you be more specific about this? Did this happen with a custom
> > > install? With a regular install?
> > >
> > > --
> > > J.
> >
> > Custom install. I still have 3.1.20 installed as well as the latest
> > 3.2.x (and of course, I occasionally have testing versions
> installed),
> > so I always go custom to manage which versions are on the machine.
> This
> > has never had a problem (or at least, not *this* problem), but this
> last
> > time, the extension associations went away.
> >

> We've never had file associations for module extensions (.vext). Or is
> this not what you're saying?
>
> --
> J.
[/quote]
Um, no, it's not. __All__ the file extension associations went away.
*.vsav, *.vmod, *.vlog....