[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] 3.2.11 Mac too slow (+ other oddity)

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon Feb 24 21:02:52 CET 2014

Thus spake Quisition:

> Probably not possible I guess.. Signing on Linux I mean.. No chance of
> access to a Mac or even a Hackintosh? =)

People have figured out some of the Mac tools. E.g., we're able to build
a compressed DMG on Linux. I'm still rather shocked that nobody's looked
at what exactly codesign is doing and produced something which does the
equivalent.

We don't happen to have access to a Mac at present, but even if we did,
I wouldn't use it for codesigning. I'm not interested in having a build
process which can't all be done in one place.

> Just out of curiosity, what will Vassal 4 be based on instead of Java?

On a standard, so that clients can be written in anything. The reference
implementation that I'm planning will be in C++.