[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal-3.2.10 wont start

Rindis rindis at backbreaker.com
Tue Feb 25 17:44:38 CET 2014

"uckelman" wrote:
> Thus spake Rindis:
> >
> > I... can't seem to find one that _doesn't_ have the problem. I've
> gone
> > all the way back to 3.1.17 (earliest version I had to hand), and
> they
> > all showed the same behavior on my Win 8 machine.
> >

> This is exactly what I expected would happen. I think the problem
> is with your install of Java, not with VASSAL. Try uninstalling and
> reinstalling Java.
>
> --
> J.

Hmm... two versions of Java present: 6 Update 27 and 6 Update 45
(64-bit)....

Uninstalled both, went to java.com, and it installed 6 Update 51.
Reinstalled Vassal 3.2.11, and it seems to work now.

Now, I hadn't fiddled with Java on my machine. (I think the second copy
is from Vassal 3.1.20 installing.) So, I would *think* that it was still
the original configuration from Microsoft when they put together the
Surface Pro 2....