[messages] [Module Design] Can a Marker name be a Basic Name?

airjudden airjudden at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 04:09:03 CET 2014

For a module I am working on, I have a card that has a corresponding
location on the map.

I created a piece to sit on the location and it has this property:

Marker:
Property name: LocationName
Property value: Agrigentum

A few steps higher, I created a Global Key Command and on the Matching
Properties Line, I wrote:
((BasicName==$LocationName$)&&(side=="Rome"))

Nothing happens.

But if I change it to:
((BasicName=="Agrigentum")&&(side=="Rome"))

It works just fine.

Do I have a syntax error or am I asking it to something that it cannot
do?  I would think you can, because I created another Marker with a
numerical value (victory points for that location) and I was able to
pass it on to global variables.

Thanks.