[messages] [General Discussion] Ever-growing save/log file size

Benkyo benkyo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 05:47:46 CEST 2014

I don't know whether it is due to changes made in my module or to Vassal
itself, but my save game and log files are now over 15 MB uncompressed
and over 700 KB when compressed. It's not really a problem, as such, but
why are these files so huge, and does anyone have any general advice on
how to avoid them getting bigger? I remember over a year ago save game
and log files for the same module came in under 300 KB, so if there is
anything that can be done without compromising on module functions I'd
like to know about it.

Cheers,

Ben