[messages] [General Discussion] Ever-growing save/log file size

JoelCFC25 jkoepp at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 15:08:00 CEST 2014

Save/log sizes go up in accordance with the number of pieces you have on
the map and the number of traits associated with those pieces. So if you
have a lot of At-Start Stacks, and all the items in those stacks have
lots of traits or reference Prototypes with lots of traits, file sizes
increase. When Joel mentioned the redundancy above, that even extends to
the names and descriptions of the traits. Descriptions are really useful
when editing a complex module just for the sake of your own memory, but
the longer they are and the more of them there are, it increases size.

Those are my experiences, but the most complex module I've built only
has enough items to make saves/logs around 120KB in size, so your module
must have a LOT more pieces.