[messages] [General Discussion] Play Sound and mp3 files

Filip ari0ch at wp.pl
Tue Jul 1 18:11:51 CEST 2014

"uckelman" wrote:
> It wouldn't bother me if it were. In fact, I'd *prefer* it. If you're
> not going to, I don't see what the point of this discussion is.

Likewise, I don't see the reason you started this update discussion. I
only created the thread to ask about how mp3 files were enabled in 3.2
and get some suggestions regarding that specifically. I agree that the
rest is largely a waste of words.

"uckelman" wrote:
> Could you provide a link to this? I can't find what you're referringi
> to.

After a quick search, this post[1] includes my conclusions after testing
early 3.2 private servers and provides links to this thread.[2] It's
possible I also mentioned that fix in some other related threads.

"uckelman" wrote:
> I would like to understand your use case. If you want a feature in
> VASSAL 4, now is the time to make sure we undertand what it is you
> want.

My use case was explained in one or more threads on this forum several
years ago. You might also want to search the posting history of user
danmey, who used to help my gaming group with the hack until his
unfortunate death last fall.

If you're interested, there are also some several years old feature
request threads. However, our most needed features were already
implemented in our 3.1.20 hack. It's amateurish hack, but so far it
works for us well enough.

There are also some minor interface changes that I don't think you would
want to include (I pretty much disabled chatting and some server
controls that we never use).

But really, I suggest that you don't bother with that stuff.

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6150#p39529
[2] http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3804&start=30#p36933