[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Module hangs on a Deleted map

austeve79 austeve at stones.com
Thu Jul 10 21:28:33 CEST 2014

Why does my VASSAL module attempt to load a map I deleted? I initially
attempted to use a single map to make my module and discovered I
couldn't fit the VASSAL hex grid to the whole map thus decided to split
the map into 4 pieces, each with its own name . I deleted the original
map, then added the 4 map sections, each with a hex grid.

 So when the module loads, it attempts to load the non-existent map, and
'hangs' for about 10 to 30 seconds. Afterwards, the images complete
'tiling', and the modules works fine.

I even went back and added the deleted map (and a 'blank' images to
load) and the modules still hangs, even longer than before.

The module is too large to attach and I do not want to post it on the
Modules page with this error.

Steve