[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Extension issue - Please help

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Sun Jul 13 12:35:45 CEST 2014

Thus spake lobo10s:
> I am adding an extension to CC:E and i get the following error message
>
> "VASSAL was unable to write the file
> C:\ProgramFiles\VASSAL_Modules_Combat_Commander_ext"
>
> using Java 7 update 60 - (build 1.7.0_60-b19)
>
> java.io.IOException: Could not create C:\Program
> Files\VASSAL_Modules\Combat_Commander_Europe_ext

Have you checked whether that directory exists? whether your user
account has permission to create it?

(My guess is that your user account does not have permission to create
that directory. It looks like you're storing data in C:\Program Files.
Don't do that. Store data in your user directory. That's why your user
directory exists.)