[messages] [Module Design] Making a Re-Shuffle Button?

JoelCFC25 jkoepp at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 16:37:43 CEST 2014

"orionsbell" wrote:
> A) Deck with Deck Property "Re-Shuffle":Always (should it be Via
> right-click menu?) I don't always want a random selection if a set of
> cards have been returned in a particular order. I want the deck to be
> randomized at the beginning of the game.

Yes, if it's important that card order be maintained within the deck,
you should choose Reshuffle via right-click. Reshuffle Always means
there is no order maintained--every time something is taken from the
deck, it is a random pick from the contents at that moment.

> B) At-Start Stack belonging to board "Play Area"
>     1) Single Piece in the At-Start Stack
>         a) Basic Piece Trait assigned a PNG graphic of the button
>         b) Does not stack Trait - Select Piece: normally; Move piece:
> never
>         c) Action Button Trait - Offsets:0; Width & Height: That of
> PNG file; Invoke Key Command: ?

This is not as intuitive as it should be, but you want your offsets to
be negative numbers that are precisely half of the width and height
values. Example: A button graphic that is 200 pixels in width and 100
pixels in height would have:

Button X-offset: -100
Button Y-offset: -50

This gives you the outcome of having a clickable area that matches the
size of the graphic. Invoke Key Command should be set to whatever you
select as the Reshuffle Hot Key of your deck.