[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Heap Exceeded Problem

uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Jul 15 22:02:08 CEST 2014

Firstly, I see a problem with all three extensions having the same
extension id "90d", but that's not related to your memory issue.

Second, I'm able to load all three extensions together with a max heap
of 1024MB (of which only 573MB is in use at peak).

Third, your memory issue has nothing to do with the image format you're
using. VASSAL stores images in memory as raw pixel data. A PNG which is
1000x1000 will use precisely the same amount of memory as a JPEG of that
size.

The source of your problem is the huge number of traits you're using. I
see something like 100MB of Strings in memory after loading these
extensions. That's all coming from traits.