[messages] [Module Design] Problem with Report Action

rbrook1 rbrook at 3-cities.com
Wed Jul 16 00:45:08 CEST 2014

I'm updating a module for a card game and am having a problem with a
Report Action trait.

In the module there is a card prototype containing, among other things,
a 'Return to Deck' trait with the Keyboard Command - 'SetAside'

There is also a DeckPrep prototype that shuffles the deck and sets up a
non-stacking Action Button.

In the deck prep map window there are 'At-Start Stack' elements with
'Single pieces' to set aside different amounts of cards for various game
configurations.  The single pieces contain the following traits: Basic
Trait, Text Label, Global Key Command and Prototype (DeckPrep).

The GKC entry in the GKC trait is 'SetAside' to apply the command to a
fixed number of pieces in the deck.  The set aside commands works
properly however I'd like to use a 'Report Action' trait to document the
set aside.  I've tried inserting a 'Report Action' trait reporting on
the keystrokes 'SetAside' in several places in both the DeckPrep
prototype and the single pieces with no success.

I must be missing something very basic here.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Using Windows 7 with the latest Java.