[messages] [Module Design] Additive Area of Effect

mroyer mroyer1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 16 13:06:52 CEST 2014

I suspect I can't, but I just wanted to check that nobody's found a way
to do this:

The shading of the Area Of Effect trait of a piece is additive.
Normally, this is a good thing, two nearby pieces whose areas overlap
show a darker shaded area.  But, for a stack of units in the same hex,
the shading grows darker and darker as the effect of each piece in the
stack is added.  This makes the area of effect shading always very dark
in situations where there is often stacks of pieces.

__Question__: Is there any  way to turn off the additive effect of the
shading for stacked pieces only?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

-Mark R.