[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] VASSAL won't open

JoelCFC25 jkoepp at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 15:17:32 CEST 2014

One quick way to see if you have multiple versions of Java installed
would be to look at the contents of __C:\Program Files\Java__ on your
hard drive. (Note: if you have a 32-bit version of Windows, check this
location instead:  __C:\Program Files (x86)\Java__)

If you see multiple folders, that's a pretty solid indication that you
have multiple installs.

Another method is to go to the Control Panel and choose "Programs and
Features" (this is where you find it in Windows 7, I have never seen
Windows 8.1 so I don't know if this is the same or not). Again, if you
see multiple listings for Java, that's going to be a problem.