[messages] [Module Design] Random map tiles and number of copies

Corwyn corwynm at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 08:11:52 CEST 2014

I had a similar problem on a module I've been working on, where I had a
# of copies of a particular counter/tile,
that only differed in one property (a count value, in a particular
property).
What I did, was a combination of
 a) a 'Place Marker' trait, to create the piece (with a prototype
attached, to define functions on the newly created piece)
 and
 b) a Trigger action, using a loop, that called the Place marker trait,
then decremented a counter variable.

Use the 'Perform this keystroke once before' looping starts', to load
the initial value of the counter var.
    and stop the loop when your loop var hits 0.

I used a global var as my loop counter, so that I could then (by using
the 'Apply keystroke after placemnent'
   entry on the Place Marker, copy that value into a Dynamic Property on
the newly created counter
  (That being defined in the prototype that was added to the counter in
the PlaceMarker command)

If this wasn't clear enough, let me know; I can provide screen clips of
the actual definations.