[messages] [Module Design] problem with drawing multiple cards from Deck to Player Hand

redned ever_reddy_neddy at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 00:24:32 CEST 2014

Hi guys/gals.

I started a module a while ago for my own card game, so I'm a bit rusty
on how it all works. I have a problem when using a Global Key Command to
draw cards from a Deck to a Player Hand. It works for Player 1, but not
for the other 3 Players (They have the same setup, with the values
changed for each player).

So, I made all the values for each Player:

Each player has a Player Hand with the name 'Player X Challenges' where
X is the player number, with a Board in it of the same name (with a Zone
of the same name also)

I have a Deck named 'Challenge Deck' in a Map Window called 'Draw
Decks'. Each card in it has a prototype of the Definition 'Challenge'.

The Challenge definition has 'Send to location' - 'Player X Challenges',
an X/Y position and a Keyboard Command:
[1]

Then I have a  'Trigger Action' set up like this for each player (with
different Key commands for each):
[2]

In the 'Player X Challenges' Player Hands, I made a Toolbar Menu, with
'Draw 3/4/5/6 Challenges' (as 4 seperate Menu Entries). I then made a
Global Key Commands for each entry, and gave them the appropriate key
command:
[3]

In game, this works for Player 1. Player 2, 3 and 4 can activate 'Draw 3
Challenges' but not the others. The Report format works (for example
"Player 4 has drawn 6 Challenges" but the key command does not seem to
be firing). I have a Game Piece Inventory Window to show player hands,
so I know that no cards have been drawn.

Here is a link to the Module:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ryudcisc78es ... ovast.vmod[4]

I have Player Events and Player Challenges as 2 hands of essentially the
same type. I have no trouble with Event hands, even though they are set
up the same as the Challenges.

I made the original module a while ago, so am I missing something? I
copied the 'Player 1 Challenges' Player Hand and renamed all the values
for player 2, 3 and 4. Is this a problem?

Thanks guys, this is really proving to be a problem, and is probably me
just missing something obvious!

[1] http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/RED_NED/1-1.jpg
[2] http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/RED_NED/2-1.jpg
[3] http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/RED_NED/3-1.jpg