[messages] [Opponents Wanted] Finding OCS Game and opponent

wtgustafson billg at alumni.caltech.edu
Sun May 4 20:35:03 CEST 2014

HI Simon,

I would be up for a smaller or lower density OCS game.

> Hi to all
> i'm a wargamer since some months. I like operational games and i would
> like to try an OCS game with not very large map.
> I was thinking that Baltic Gap or Blietzkrieg Legend could be a right
> choice.

Both great games, but not usually chosen for beginners.  There are
scenarios that could work very well however.  I've been playing
Blitzkrieg Legend lately and any of the three mini-campaign scenarios
(6.1-6.3) would be ok.  I've played North and Center recently, and they
were good PBEM.  North is really good as an intro, but requires alot of
specialized OCS knowledge to make the parachute and air landings work
well.  There are also smaller scenarios (6.5-6.7), that I haven't really
looked at.

I haven't played Baltic Gap in a awhile, but loved it when I did.  I
would be willing to try either of the scenarios that split the full
campaign start (5.2 or 5.3).  There is also Kisner's scenario pack
(http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/ ... 20Pack.pdf[1]) that present
smaller or short versions of the campaign starts.

If the Vassal module for Reluctant Enemies was out, that would probably
be ideal though.

I tend to prefer the lower density games (specifically Korea, Tunisia,
and Burma) for PBEM.  I am currently playing a Burma game PBEM.

> Anyone that wants to play this system with me on PBEM mode?
> I'm from Italy GMT+1 (now +2 for DST) .
> Simon
>
> ps. sorry for my bad english...

Better than my Italian - which is limited to ciao.  I'm in Pacific
Daylight Time (GMT -7).  I am up for either side in any of the above, so
why don't we take this to email to work out the details.

Bill

[1] http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/ocs/Baltic%20Scenario%20Pack.pdf