[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Place marker and Game Piece Layers

grouchysmurf lgrabun at gmail.com
Fri May 9 08:57:45 CEST 2014

I am not sure whether this is a bug or an intentional behaviour though
it causes some incosistency.

If a piece has an appropriate Layer (as in Game Piece Layer Map
property) and a Place Marker trait, then the marker __won't stack with
the piece__. If I set the Layer to the Marker, then it stacks properly.
Setting Layer to a Marker may be not that straightforward if a given
Piece, on which Marker is placed, has multiple Layers which can be
freely changed by the player.

A possible solution I came up with is to add a checkbox "Inherit Layer"
to a Place Marker window. When checked, the Marker would, well, inherit
the Layer from its parent Piece.