[messages] [Module Design] GKC and location==$location$?

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Wed May 14 00:05:00 CEST 2014

In my module, I do exactly the same thing you do. Here is the Property
Match from my Formation chits:

Code:
CurrentZone=~Map.*|Artillery
Park.*&&Formation=$Formation$&&Active_Level=1&&MayNotActivate_Active!=true

Formation is a marker in my Activation chit and on each of the units in
the matching formation. When the chit fires off this GKC, all units with
the same Formation Marker, which are on a Map or Artillery Park, and are
not already activated and are allowed to activate are activated.

So it works as you originally thought.

Any property match expression is pre-processed and any $xxxxx$ variables
are replaced with values from the calling counter. Then the resulting
property match expression is compared to each target counter.

back to your initial problem

Code:
location==$location$

not working, you will need to debug this further. Add a Text label to
the source and target counters and display location=$location$ to see
what your counters actually have as a value for $location$. I suspect it
will be nothing because location is not a valid property of counters, it
can only be used in Report Formats which are an entirely different
beast. I suspect what you want is

Code:
LocationName=$LocationName$

Regards,