[messages] [Module Design] Internet dice button

KenH1967 kenh1967 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 23:46:46 CEST 2014

After a little poking around (including the blog here:
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Developer%27s_Blog[1]), I now believe
that the extension "Webdice" relied on a function called, "Internet Dice
Button", which was removed from VASSAL when the "ShadowDice" server went
offline or became a subscription service.

At least some of the code, authored by Brent Easton, is visible here:
https://github.com/caiusb/vassal/blob/m ... utton.java[2]

Also, it seems that getting a new internet/3rd party dice roller
(re-)integrated into VASSAL has been on the to-do list for a few years.
I urge the developers to take a look at the dice roller I mentioned in
the earlier post.

At this point, I do not believe someone like myself (novice coder) could
tackle this issue.

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Developer%27s_Blog
[2] https://github.com/caiusb/vassal/blob/master/src/VASSAL/build/module/InternetDiceButton.java