[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Translating into English

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Thu May 15 13:46:10 CEST 2014

On 15/05/2014 9:35 PM, Joel Uckelman wrote:
> Thus spake Brent Easton:
>> I'm not sure that is quite true. The untranslated locale has no defined
>> language and is displayed by default unless another language is
>> available and is selected by choosing a new language from the
>> Preferences language drop-down. it can be translated into any language
>> including English.
> It's possible I'm remembering incorrectly. I thought we once had a
> discussion about there being no way to create English translations.

There is also an interaction with the current locale set on the
computer. I can certainly create and use an English translation, but the
language on my PC is set to English. There may be a problem if your
regional settings have a non-english language. I'm too tired to reboot
and try....

Brent Easton
Analyst/Programmer
University of Western Sydney