[messages] Edit: Re: [Module Design] Random map tiles and number of copies

HorribleHagaar hagaaar587plus7 at googlemail.com
Fri May 16 00:53:07 CEST 2014

[This message has been edited.]

Hi there,

I've searched for a while but didn't find an answer, also took a look at
the example given in
http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5287, but that
only seems to confirm what I'm afraid of...

I want to create a random map using tiles. I've got that working so far,
but my question is, do you really have to create/copy-paste each tile in
the card deck or is there some way of telling vassal it should place 10
of card A, 5 of card B, etc... in the deck?

The map - for now - is going to be about 10 x 10 tiles, so I'd have to
create 100 cards, more importantly, for different scenarios, there
should be different ratios of the tile/card types. Is there any way, to
just create 1 card for every tile type (e.g. woods, plains,
mountains,...), then tell vassal how many of each card should be in the
deck?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)