[messages] [Module Design] Question about masking blocks

airjudden airjudden at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 02:53:42 CEST 2014

I have a block game I'm working on.  It's Hold Fast: Russia 1941-42 if
you want to look at it (it's uploaded).

I want each side to have the ability to mask their own blocks, yet give
permission to the opponent to unmask the blocks, to make PBEM games go
more smoothly.

In the Mask Property, I set the "Can be masked by" property to "Any of
specified sides" and said that the Axis player could unmask the Axis
blocks and for the Soviet blocks, I said that the Soviets could unmask
theirs.

And under Global options, under "Allow non-owners to unmask pieces" I
used the "Use Preference settings"

I THOUGHT that would allow me to select the Soviet side, yet my Axis
opponent would have permission to unmask my block when I went into the
preferences and checked the box "Opponents can unmask my pieces" but
it's not working.

Is there a way to make this happen?  I know I could set the
mask/unmasked wide open and allow anybody to do so, but I don't want to
make that default.  I'd rather have it in the player's hands to decide.

Thanks.