[messages] [Module Design] Sum Marker trait in a text label (similar to GPIW)

alecrespi alecrespi78 at gmail.com
Sun May 18 23:02:28 CEST 2014

Hi guys,
I think I'm drowning in a glass of water... all the weekend passed by
and I've never found a solution about that.
Serached the forum a lot and found something but didn't manage to make
it work.
I'll try to better explain.

I'm setting up a game with a modular board.
Every terrain tile has a marker trait called "Miles" containing a number
(from 3 to 9).
I'd like to show "Total Miles" as SUM of Miles (marker trait) for every
terrain placed in Main Map.
I've managed to do it with "Game Piece Inventory Window" but I'd like to
show that value as a Text Label in a game piece to be placed  inside the
Main Map (next to terrains).

This is how I set GPIW properties.
matching properties: CurrentMap = "Main Map && Type = Terrain"
Labels: "$PropertyValue$ - $sum_Miles$"

After placing terrains on the Main Map I can see the correct total in
Game Piece Inventory Window.
Is there a fast way to show that as a text label?
And also "Refresh" that value when adding or deleting terrains from the
main map (works like refresh butto in GPIW)?

I do believe it could be really easy...

Please let me know.
Many thanks in advance.
Alessandro