[messages] [Module Design] Remove first character from the value of a Dynamic Property

Flaney flaney at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 09:18:04 CEST 2014

Hello programmers,

I need (would be nice) to remove the first character from BasicName and
write it to another [DP] SimpleName.

$SimpleName$ would be referenced in a [Report Action].

There is a set of units with BasicName = vFrigate  (or vCruiser, or
v<something>)
I want to use                   SimpleName =   Frigate   (or  Cruiser,
or   <something>)

In [DP] SimpleName, tried to use (set value directly) ::
{Regex.Replace(BasicName, "v", "")}  which results in errors (of
course).

Could a Regex smarty help format the expression or perhaps know a Vassal
way to do this. I've exhausted my web-fu tonight.

Thanks!

Flaney