[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Garbage pieces appearing when saved game is loaded for Victo

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Sep 2 22:43:07 CEST 2014

Thus spake uckelman:
> I can reproduce the problem with VitP. I'm not sure whether it's a
> module bug or our bug yet.

It's a module bug. Those pieces in the upper left are old versions of
other pieces on the map. (Check the context menu on one of the
warships duplicated the upper left---you'll see that it does not match
the one which is on the map.) I believe that the Z-order bugfix (Bug
10946) in 3.2.13 caused these pieces, which were there all along, to
be visible again.

The solution is for the maintainer of the module to remove these pieces
from the scenario setups. Contact him about the problem. You can find
the maintainer of the module on the page for the module in the module
library:

  http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Victory_in_the_Pacific