[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] installing Vassal on Ubuntu-eee linux

lauffenp lauffenp at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 22:31:48 CEST 2014

Well, I hate to drag an old thread up from the underworld, but I am not
able to get VASSAL installed on linux running on a chroot in chrome.
There is a lot I don't know, but I have java installed into a usr/jva
folder, and I am reasonable certain VASSAL is correctly installed.

Command: bash VASSAL.sh
Returns:line 11 java: command not found

cmnd: which java
rtrns:

cmnd: echo $path
rtrns:

... So obviously I have a core problem here. I am VERY new to linux and
have tried following everything in this forum but I think there is
something wrong at the root. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance.