[messages] Edit: Re: [Feature Requests] Invisiblity within a piece

plloyd1010 plloyd1960 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 16:20:24 CEST 2014

[This message has been edited.]

The ability to make a layer within a piece invisible to non owning
players/sides would be very useful to me. Some games I am playing with
have command units whose identity is kept secret from the opposing side.
In the physical game this is accomplished by having individually ID'd
counters and keeping a list of which pieces are commanders, or have
other special traits. In Vassal modules I am implementing the special
trait with a layer, then covering that layer with a mask. That seems to
be a clumsy solution. The ability to make a layer only visible to one
side and not the other would be more elegant.