[messages] [General Discussion] Report Action question

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Fri Sep 26 16:16:06 CEST 2014

I've noticed no one responded to this one so I'm going to bump it as I'm
curious myself.

In my game, a player may have to pass through a hazard that requires a
safety check. The game checks to see if the player has suffered any
injury and reports it. It then checks to see if any of the player's
companions have died and reports that.

In my case, even though the commands involved are in the proper trait
order, the game always reports on the companions first and then reports
whether my primary character has suffered damage.

I hadn't brought this up before as this isn't a problem for me ...I need
to see both reports anyway and it really doesn't matter what order they
are displayed in but I can see where that would be a problem with having
the game report a piece retreating before reporting that the piece has
moved into a location it's supposed to be retreating from.

Does anyone know why the report system would behave this way and how to
prevent it?