[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Sudden unresponsive windows and/or board

masil vesarponen at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 09:24:52 CEST 2014

My situation with the unresponsive map windows as described above
continues to bug me.

I have began to think this is a problem (perhaps Java related?) in
Ubuntu rather than a problem with Vassal. I have realised that when I
run Vassal all on its own without any other programme running the
unresponsiveness does not occur. Also, sometimes when I run Vassal and a
programme named Texmaker both at the same time I have noticed that some
features of Texmaker do not work while i am having unresponsiveness
isssues in Vassal. Surely this means there is a conflict of some sort
here between the programmes? Can anyone think of a way in which Vassal
might conflict with some other running process like this?