[messages] [Module Support] Pre-baked dice ROLLS and card draws for pbem, just 1989?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Fri Apr 3 18:21:01 CEST 2015

Thus spake Itsastickup:
> ...actually, I should say 'prpeviously generated number' rather than die
> roll, since as you say it's going to get modded anyway.

What I was referring to by 'mod' is the mod operation---i.e., the
operation that gives the remainder of integer division. The idea is
that if you're rolling a d6, each player submits a number in the range
0-5, all the numbers are summed, and then the sum mod 6 + 1 is the
roll. (E.g., in a two-player game, if one player submits 4 and the
ther 3, then the roll is (4 + 3) mod 6 + 1 = 2.) You can't do this
without a trusted third party to reveal all submissions simultaneously,
however.

There's _no_ secure offline solution--not just not for VASSAL, but for
any program at all.