[messages] [Module Design] Name problem in piece reporting

Stiglr allendkrsn at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 18:05:14 CEST 2015

I've had this problem off and on in the course of developing modules,
and it's a puzzler.

I have set my pieces up with various Layers, functions, submenus, etc.,
and one in particular is causing issues.

It's located in a Layer called "Flip" which shows the second layer (the
"back side" of the counter). The suffix I have edited in is -d
(shorthand for a disrupted state).

I've checked the Prototype over and over and made sure that the "is
suffix" radio button is selected so that what *should* display in the
buffer is "Piece Name -d moves from 1214 to 1314".   "-d" is the actual
suffix.

When I save changes to the module, drag a new piece onto the map, and
move it, it works nicely: "Piece name moves from 1214 to 1314". Then I
use the Flip feature, and when I move it, the message is, "-d moves from
1314 to 1214".

Why is the Piece Name portion of the message not displaying?

I have a similar setup for Commander piecess, where the suffix -repl
(for replacement) is set up to display. It works fine and the settings
are identical, as far as I can tell.

I have also checked the map properties to make sure $PieceName$ is set
up to display in all instances.