[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Strange issue, certain Vassal tabs are permanently locked

KRX krx001 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 02:52:04 CEST 2015

Hello!

I have a friend who is trying to set up vassal so we can play Battlestar
Galatica.

When he loads up Vassal, most of the tabs at the top are completely
grayed out (characters, rules, game box, players, cards, etc) expect for
two, "Pieces" and the Dice roll are working fine.

He can interact with the tokens/game board perfectly fine... but again,
no matter what we've tried (multiple re-installs) an strange amount of
the top tabs are just locked or grayed out. We walked him through the
entire process of installing step by step, and all of his
options/preferences are identical to everyone else.

Any ideas on what's going on would be very appreciated or some tricks we
could try. Also, I'm not completely sure if this is a vassal issue or an
issue with the module itself.

Thanks,

KRX