[messages] [General Discussion] How many players can Vassal servers support?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Apr 21 22:53:10 CEST 2015

Thus spake digicube:
> Usually there are around 300 players during peak hours. How many players
> can Vassal server support?

There's no built-in maximum in the software. Our hardware is a long way
from being overburdened. We have a 15-minute load average of 0.37 right
now an an 8-core machine, around 12GB RAM unused, and the game server
itself uses negligible bandwidth in comparison to module donwloads.

Short answer is: I don't know, but we have a lot of headroom left.