[messages] [Feature Requests] "Unique piece" check box?

Rindis rindis at backbreaker.com
Fri Apr 24 00:39:06 CEST 2015

I agree with Stiglr that this would be nice (though defining a limit
instead of 'one only' would be nice). F&E, for instance, generally lets
you build any number of things, and there's dozens of choices. But
there's a very few things that you can only build one or two of.

Using anything other than the piece pallet for the vast bulk of cases
would be nonsensical. Then asking users to use some sort of at start
stack for the the couple of exceptions just isn't going to work.
Thankfully, in this case, the item inventory can help the users keep
track of what's in use, so it's not a big deal. But it'd still be nice
to have.

A thought is that it would be nice to be able to embed a 'deck' into the
piece pallet. You set it up like a simple deck, but in the pallet
instead of a map. This "deck" then acts like a normal piece pallet until
it runs out of pieces. (I'd prefer some sort of faded image of the piece
there at that point, but it should be left to the module designer to
figure out.) I know that isn't simple, as it is a pretty massive change
to how certain things work, and brings up some uncomfortable
consequences, but from the end-user's perspective, it'd be the best
solution to certain problems.