[messages] [Module Design] Count cards in player hand?

natural20 sultan_of_dorkistan at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 21:12:17 CEST 2015

I'm also trying to find a way to assign a visible count inside a
player's hand for the number of cards in hand. Your post was enough to
point me in the right direction, but even after exploring the
documentation I can't figure out how to make it work. Here's what I've
got so far:

Each card has a Set Global Property telling the Global Property "Hand
Count" to increase by 1. Each card also has two trigger actions, one for
entering a player's hand and one for leaving it. Each trigger watches
for the keystroke assigned when a unit ends movement in a player's hand,
then performs it's own keystroke. That second keystroke is looked for by
the Change-Property Toolbar Button (Global Property) that is part of
each player's hand.

This is where I'm stuck. Where would the global property report? I know
I'm missing several components for this to work, but I don't know how to
find out what. Are there any modules that make use of counting cards in
a player's hand I could look at?

I also don't know how to use matching properties to prevent each card's
Set Global Property from triggering when it moves to a non-player hand
window, but I haven't researched that yet.