[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] VASSAL Memory Heap Size errors

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Thu Apr 30 11:48:43 CEST 2015

Thus spake kryzak:
> Ahh, thanks for catching that!  That's strange, because when I open my
> preferences, it has "128 MB" in both the initial and max heap size.  I'm
> not sure how the log file had it set to 256 and 2048.  Is there
> somewhere else I can change this?

It's not stored in the log. It's stored in your user prefs. Prefs are
stored in the prefs directory, which itself is in the same directory
as the errorLog. Instructions for finding the errorLog are here:

  http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Error_Logs

Each file in the prefs directory corresponds to a module. There will
be a line inside the file which has "maximumHeap=" on it. You could
either change the value on that line or just delete the prefs file for
the module (if you don't have any other prefs you care about keeping,
since it will be recreated the next time you load the module).