[messages] [Module Design] Hex Range count wrong

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Fri Aug 7 05:03:18 CEST 2015

Well, this certainly doesn't happen in any module I have built. When I
recreate the situations you show, I get the ranges reported that you
expect to see.

I suspect that the LOS thread in the module you are basing this on has
incorrectly specified the range to be calculated using the 'Pixels per
range unit' method instead of the 'use Grid calculation' method.

This explains why you are getting some correct values and some
incorrect. Pixels per range will be most correct when the LOS runs down
a line of hexes (your example 2 is like this) and will get more wrong
the further the LOS gets away from a line of hexes (like your other 2
examples).

Regards,
Brent.