[messages] Edit: Re: [Module Design] check boxes indicating a memory leak issue?

sfbaddict sfb at rogers.com
Wed Aug 12 14:25:25 CEST 2015

[This message has been edited.]

I am converting game piece damage sheets to check boxes rather than
text.
The process of defining the check boxes is brutal (it took about 10
hours to do one ship). The result has been a massive slowness in the
engine.
When making the check boxes and confirming they work the first few
shields the delay was only 1-2 seconds but as more boxes were set up it
has massively slowed down to almost a minute sometimes 10 seconds
sometimes a minute.

Here is a vid showing the problem. The mod with these changes has not
been uploaded and I can't attach here due to size restrictions 256K
where the mod if 14MB. If anyone wants to help and investigate I can
email it to you or upload it and then delete it after you grab it.

http://youtu.be/EZpRuB242rE[1]

The damage from the menu select(0:57) takes until 1:24 to appear. Almost
30 seconds. That check on the second row if from a click I did before
opening the menu.

It would also be great if there were a way to define a grouped grid of
check boxes graphically by clicking and dragging, assigning a group name
and the size of the boxes 18x18 and the box is 2 rows and 8 columns top
left point of the group is x,y name of group is shield #1. I would
settle for the check boxes working and not grinding the client to a halt
however.  :-)

[1] http://youtu.be/EZpRuB242rE