[messages] [Module Design] Bad Data problem

castawayales castawayales at netscape.net
Mon Aug 17 21:42:30 CEST 2015

Hi guys,

I have a module  I am writing that works on my computer, but when I give
it to another person it gives this error:

"Bad Data in Module: Numeric field contains a non-number Increment Bank:
format=+1, value=+1"

We have verified he is using  Vassal 3.2.15 and has removed the previous
version of the module.

We both are using Windows.

Bank is a Dynamic Property which is set to 1 and increments with
keystrokes to 3 and then wraps around to 1 again.

We had this issue before. I had Bank initialized in an extension. When I
moved it to the module level, the problem went away. I have done no work
with bank since we had it working, so I am puzzled as to why it would
behave this way.

Should I remove the prototype and rewrite it?

Thanks,
Barry