[messages] [Module Design] Customizable Map (Newbie question)

dysgwr terry.g.bailey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:23:51 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Please forgive this newbie question which I'm sure has been asked many
times. However, I cant find an answer to my questions.

For my game I'd like the user to build his own map. The requirements
are:

The user can create a map comprised of several tiles. The largest map
would be a 5x5 grid, but smaller maps (e.g. 2x3, 2x4, 3x3 etc) are also
possible.
Each tile has it's own 5x5 grid.
The user must somehow "validade" the map to make sure that once the
selection is finalized it can no longer be changed.

I don't envisage controling pieces that move off the board, and I can
create a deck of tiles which can be rotated and placed. My problems
arise in aligning the tiles with the grid (essantially a max of 25x25)
and validating the grid.

If you could point me in the directions of threads or examples I dont
mind working on this off-line.

Thanks in advance,
Terry