[messages] [Module Design] Simultaneous reveal from list to chat

sfbaddict sfb at rogers.com
Fri Aug 28 13:17:00 CEST 2015

I'm trying to figure out how to do this for SFB cadet module.

An SFB turn has 16 or 32 impulses depending on the game type you are
playing.
Each impulse conducts a sequence of play(SOP). Here is a short
list(there are more).
Cloak/decloak, tractor, launch weapons, land shuttles, launch shuttles,
operate shields, operate transporters, fire
On any one of these steps any player may perform an action on any step
in order however if no player is doing anything you advance to next
impulse.  So there is no reason to go through these steps unless a
player has an action, however a player may always perform a counter
action on a succeeding step in response to a players previous step but
can't "me too" an action in response to a revealed action on the same
step as that revealed action.

I want to have a button that any player can click and it opens a window
for all players. That window has a (drop down?) list of the SOP steps
and an option for no actions at all. Players make their selections where
they have an action and then they fill in a line of text (or several)
stating what those actions are. Once all players have committed the
actions are revealed. If all players have selected no action the next
impulse is advanced. If one or more players has selected a sop step only
the first in order sop step is revealed. For instance player A chooses
launch weapons but player B selected operate transporters. Since launch
is before transporters only launch weapons is revealed. That player does
his launch(add the counter to the map etc..) and then the SOP is called
again. At that point player B can keep his transporter order or change
his mind and cancel it or even select an as yet not revealed step like
launch shuttles or even land shuttles.

I see the notes window and it's tabs for  "scenario", "public",
"private", and "delayed". So part of what I want is right there - -
"Delayed".  It just needs to be customized, but I'm not seeing how to do
this. Is there a way or is this an "imported java class" situation
(beyond my skill level)?

I see an example in the topic about flipping cards simultaneously. I
could use that approach using a different card for each SOP step and
only revealing a "higer value" card and somehow attaching a text note to
the card or something but it will be a slower way to do things.

Are there any modules I can look at that already have something similar
you can think of?