[messages] Edit: Re: [Module Design] Help with transparent (editable) board overlay

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Wed Jun 3 16:03:06 CEST 2015

[This message has been edited.]

That can be done easily enough. I don't know the game but I'm assuming
that the arrows remain in the same position on the overlay and you just
need to be able to change the player number in the arrow. Is that
correct?

I can see that you're treating your overlay as a game piece, which would
be the right thing to do. The overlay graphic should have all the arrows
empty of any number. Then create a set of small graphics for the number.
You can use a Layer trait on the overlay piece to display a number for
each of the arrow graphics based on the value of a Dynamic Property. You
can also define the size and location of an Action Button for each of
the arrows. You can then set it up so that you can click an arrow  and
the Dynamic Property would display a  dialogue box to enter the player
number. The Layer trait that's following that Dynamic Property would
then display that number. Since all the Layer, Action Button, and
Dynamic Property traits are part of the overlay game piece, they'll move
around with the game piece.

If you have trouble figuring out how to do that, I can make a quick
sample.