[messages] Edit: Re: [Module Design] Help with transparent (editable) board overlay

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Wed Jun 3 16:04:24 CEST 2015

[This message has been edited.]

That can be done easily enough. I don't know the game but I'm assuming
that the arrows remain in the same position on the overlay and you just
need to be able to change the player number in the arrow. Is that
correct?

I can see that you're treating your overlay as a game piece, which would
be the right thing to do. The overlay graphic should have all the arrows
empty of any numbers. Then create a set of small graphics for the
numbers. You can use a Layer trait on the overlay piece to display a
number for each of the arrow graphics based on the value of a Dynamic
Property for that arrow. You can also define the size and location of an
Action Button for each of the arrows. You can then set it up so that you
can click an arrow  and the Dynamic Property for that arrow would
display a dialogue box to enter the player number. The Layer trait
that's following that Dynamic Property would then display that number.
Since all the Layer, Action Button, and Dynamic Property traits are part
of the overlay game piece, they'll move around with the game piece.

If you have trouble figuring out how to do that, I can make a quick
sample.