[messages] [Module Design] Help with transparent (editable) board overlay

photographtheverb films at photographtheverb.com
Thu Jun 4 04:25:13 CEST 2015

Thanks for the quick response. I did a workaround today but still want
to try something like you suggested. After playing the game in Vassal
here are the things I need:

1:The transparency would be a piece that sits overtop the (greenish) map
graphic and can move into 3 different positions. Easy enough.

2:The arrows and numbers don't change or move. I do need to be able to
click on the arrow to change text beneath it and also a command that
allows me to add a small yellow graphic next to the arrow. How would a
multi-function invisible button on the arrows work?
I'm familiar with typical war-game counters that have 3-3-6 factors etc.
You are saying that on one of these pieces I could create an invisible
command area (over say the 6) that would allow me to edit a text label
and add a yellow band around the piece? So right-clicking the "6" could
give me these options but right-clicking elsewhere on the piece could
give me different options? I've only made pieces that have one graphic
and change with layers via the right-click menu. I didn't know you could
essentially put "zones" on the counters that give you different commands
when right clicking.

3: I need to be able to drag-move a soccer ball graphic across the
transparency to put it next to the different arrows. Would I just use
the "does not stack" command on these to have additional pieces move
around on the piece. However, the ball graphic needs to move with the
transparency.
Real life example:
I am holding a sheet of glass over top a map. I need to be able to put
on/take off quarters and dimes from the glass. When the quarters and
dimes are on the glass, they need to stay put while I move the piece of
glass around over the map.

Example was so I could be clear. I'm sure you know what I'm talking
about but trying to think of pieces on top of pieces is making my head
hurt!

Thanks again for the response!