[messages] [Module Design] Symbolic dice, or a better option?

plloyd1010 plloyd1960 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 16:32:44 CEST 2015

Generally what I want to do is roll 3d6 and put a result indicator in
the toolbar. Like this:
<!-- ia0 -->3diceproblem.png<!-- ia0 -->

Thus far the only way I think of how to do this is to use a symbolic die
roll. With the symbolic die I need to create a face for each chance of a
given number. That means 1 face for a 3, 3 faces for a 4, 6 faces for a
5, ... 27 faces for a 10, ect.

So, firstly: Is a symbolic die really my only option?
Second: If that is true, is there a way to weight the faces for higher
probability?

Thanks in advance. (Probably later too.)