[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Connection Box Won't Save Settings

wifferboy paul_wiffer at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 06:23:45 CEST 2015

As a  result of being unable to connect thru the Vassal server (see:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8225[1]) my friend and I switched to using
peer-to-peer.

That is working OK - we have the occasional disconnect, but at least we
can play. I was running Vassal 3.2.15 on Windows XP.

Now I have purchased a new Windows 8.1 desktop and installed Vassal
3.2.15 on it. We've been having the same playing experience but there is
one really annoying difference. When I connect to him and add him in the
Connection box and type in his IP address, Vassal _never_ remembers it
for the next session - I always have to type it in again at the start of
each gaming session.

Is this something that is happening with Windows 8.1 and not XP? My Java
version on the new desktop is 8.0.450

The Java site has this warning: "Downloading and installing Java will
only work in Desktop mode on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1" Is that anything
to do with this problem?

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8225