[messages] [Module Design] Global Key Command & Matching Properties

geoffreyphipps gphipps at gphipps.com
Sat Jun 20 05:48:18 CEST 2015

I am back to this again after a break. I re-read the section on
expression in the manual, although I think it is out of date. The Help
on the Global Key Command is better, but unfortunately the example uses
the same variable names on source and target, so it is hard to follow
(see below).

On source (the combat unit) if I use a constant string for the matching
expression for the GKC as:
{definingBrigiment=="1A"}
then it works, but if I follow the advice of the Help and use $varname$
then it does not:
{definingBrigiment==$owningBrigiment$}
definingBrigiment is on the target counter, owningBrigiment is on the
sending counter.
I have also tried it with only one $